How Does the Jail Booking Process Work?
Posted February 7th, 2017 by Andrew Pizzo Bail Bonds.
When you are arrested, it can a stressful and confusing time in your life. Especially if you don’t know what’s going to and what’s about to happen to you. What’s going to happen to you? How quickly does the process take? When will you get to see a judge? Don’t worry, we’re here to help!
What is the jail booking process anyway? Booking is the process that checks your identity, get you into the jail system, and provide the information of the information of your crime. It can take anywhere from an hour to a few hours to get you into the system property. Here’s a step by step guide on the booking process and what will happen to you:
- The police start by taking down your information into the computer system such as the nature of your crime and your name. The police may also note if there was any evidence of physical altercations you had with police.
- Once your information is taken, you will pose for a mug shot, to be included in your booking record.
- You will then be asked to remove your clothing and any personal items you have. You will then put one a jail uniform.
- Your fingerprints will be taken. The police will run these through a crime database along with your information to see if you had any outstanding warrants.
- A full body search will be conducted to make sure you have anything dangerous or illegal on your person.
- You will be given a health screening, such as blood tests or an x-ray, just to make sure you don’t have a disease that could endanger anyone.
- A sample of your DNA could be taken.
Once you go through the booking system then you will be taken to a jail cell where you wait to be arraigned. This is when you may want to family members to let them know what happened and ask for help. If you are in need of a bail bond, we’re ready to take your call. Contact Andrew Pizzo Bail Bonds today and get your loved one free.