The main purpose of a bail bond is to ensure that a defendant will appear in court for any proceedings that deal with his/her case. When the court sets bail, there are a few types that could be imposed on a defendant, based on the crime he/she is accused of.
According to Pennsylvania law, the judge can impose one of the following types of bail bonds:
- Release On Recognizance – This means the defendant is released with the condition that the defendant agrees in writing to appear in court when required. There is no need to post money in this case.
- Release On Non-Monetary Conditions – A defendant will be released upon an agreement to comply with non-monetary conditions. Again, no money needs to be posted; instead, the defendant just needs to agree to the conditions.
- Release On Monetary Condition – The defendant will be released once the monetary condition is imposed. For example, if bail is set at $1,000, the entire amount must be posted before the defendant can be released. But what if you don’t have the money? Then this is where our services come into play. For more information on our bail bond process, click here.
- Release On Unsecured Bond – A defendant can be released upon a written agreement that he/she will be liable for a fixed sum of money if he/she fails to comply with the conditions of the bail bond. In this case, no money needs to be posted to release the defendant; however, if the defendant violates the agreement, then he/she will be liable for the amount of money the bail was set at.
- Release on Nominal Bail – The defendant will be released after paying a cash sum of money as opposed to a bail bond.
If a loved one is in need of a bail bond to be released from jail in Northeastern Pennsylvania, let us help. Contact Andrew Pizzo Bail Bonds now. We’re on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Need a Bail Bondsman Now?
Call Our 24-Hour Hotline at (570) 793-0140 for Immediate Service!